Saturday 23 January 2016

Manaconda - Cari Quinn, Taryn Elliot - Review



Manaconda 

By Taryn Elliott & Cari Quinn 

Series - Hammered #1



Synopsis 


My name is Hunter Jordan, lead singer of Hammered and no, I didn't name my c*ck Manaconda.



Rolling Stone did. 
On the front cover of their damn magazine. 
I still haven't lived it down. And now our record label wants to maximize the frenzy. 
So, I have a brand new PR person–Kennedy McManus. 
And she's making me insane. 
I don't know whether to ignore her, yell at her, or push her up against the wall and kiss her smart mouth shut. 
I ended up kissing her. 
Come on, I mentioned how exasperating she was, right? 
That's when it blew up in both our faces. 
Now, the tabloids think she's my girlfriend. My record label would rather have me remain the single manwhore of the ages. 
Kennedy thinks I'm the manwhore anyway. She wants me for a quick fling and nothing more. 
I just want Kennedy. 
Man, I'm so screwed. 






Review 

Cari Quinn & Taryn Elliott did not dissapoint and did a fabulous job of introducing us to Hammered.  Hunter Jordan (aka Manaconda) is the lead singer of the band Hammered, a sexy rock star super sized sex god with a side of sweetness. Hunter wants the focus to be on his bands ability to create music, rather than a part of his anatomy that was photographed by Rolling Stone magazine.  Kennedy McManus is the career driven PR rep with balls of steel hired to put a positive spin on the Manaconda madness and to increase the 


Hunter and Kennedy have a scorching hot chemistry that flares every time they are in the same space.  They find themselves in some outrageous situations, that are highly entertaining and will have you laughing out loud. 

This story had a little bit of everything romance, sweetness, humor and angst. I loved how the characters developed and the flirty and humorous banter they share.  The love scenes whilst explicit and hot as any reader of Cari & Taryn has come to expect and love. In saying that they are mixed with moments of sweetness, that shows the connection the characters share. 

"He broke away from my kiss and linked our fingers.  Not just the way someone would pull someone along. 
No, he always linked our fingers as if he wanted to touch every surface of my skin"

If you are a fan of rockstar romance and in particular the Lost in Oblivion series will love Manaconda.  When reading the story i drew many similar personality traits between the character Keys and Jazz of the lost in oblivion series. 

Cari & Taryn are the queen's of the cliffhanger ending so it was something i was expecting.  Unlike some cliffhangers it didn't leave me feeling annoyed or frustrated.  Im really looking forward to reading the next installment to see how the relationship develops.



Inline image 4

Buy Links:



Image result for instagram logo

Image result for fb image

No comments:

Post a Comment